Experience 6-10 years
The Siebel Architect (SA) is accountable to the Domain Lead for designing Siebel solutions to ensure good functionality, security, resilience, and performance of the systems. The SA is the technical authority for Siebel system configuration, development, and deployment within the CRM & OM Domain and will advise and collaborate with colleagues in architecture, build, and operations teams to ensure the CRM & OM Domain continues to deliver high levels of quality and service to internal stakeholders. The SA will contribute to the design and development work on the systems, working collaboratively with onshore and offshore development teams, and will advise senior management within the domain to help drive continuous improvement to Domain’s function and services and to shape Domain’s technical strategy.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
Domain authority CRM solutions, advising architecture, build, and operations staff within the domain on correct configuration, deployment and usage of the systems
- Accountable to the Domain Lead to plan good functional and non-functional behavior of the platform. Plan and build designers for optimized solutions, security, capacity, and performance. Assess technical risks and issues on the systems. Work with operations and build team colleagues to ensure the resolution of technical issues in a timely manner.
- Advise Integration Domain colleagues on effective design and implementation of the systems during software design and build.
- Contribute to design and development on the Siebel platform, collaborating with onshore and offshore designers and developers
- Work together with others in the management team to ensure good quality and good value are delivered by the Domain to stakeholders and drive continuous improvement of team development practices.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- All-round practical expertise with CRM Systems, preferably including working knowledge Siebel. Good general technical understanding of telecommunications architecture,
- Ability to communicate effectively within a large software engineering team and influence a wide group of internal stakeholders. Experience in working successfully with external delivery teams.
- Portfolio of effective strategies to manage technical risks and forecast systems improvement requirements.
- Good general software engineering and problem-solving skills
Customers, suppliers, and third parties
- Direct engagement with Domain delivery partners at a Technical level working with Technical Leads, Designers, and Developers.
- Close co-operation with the Business, IT, and Technology Architecture & Design community across Avisys.
- Expectation management with all internal Avisys and external supplier senior stakeholders.
Key performance indicators [max 3]:
- Delivery of viable plans, proposals and designs to maintain functional and non-functional behavior of the Siebel platform at high quality, security, resilience and performance
- Credible and respected technical authority to the Siebel platform able to advise internal Domain colleagues and other stakeholders and to take action to resolve issues on the platform.
- Effective communication and collaboration with Domain colleagues and other stakeholders on technical issues.